You need to upload the downloaded ZIP file to the plugins directory of your WordPress install via FTP or the plugin upload area. Once uploaded you need to activate the add-on separately from the main admin panel of the plugin.
After activation you will see a new menu item under the “WP Auctions” menu tab called “Bulk Upload”.
Please do not use the CSV import if you have any live auctions. It could very well cause errors for your live auctions and possible delete any bids you received. This add-on is to be only used with a fresh batch of auctions.
If you want to edit your live auctions after upload please use the “Manage” area to edit them as needed. Since there are literally hundreds of thousands of various server settings out there this is the safest route to take.
1. Purge Database: This option allows you to completely delete your auction database. Be careful with this one, it will REALLY delete everything if you select the “Yes” option.
– What is this option for?
Basically, it allows you to delete your records if you get any errors with the import of your CSV file. As a fail safe it is always set to “No” just in case you didn’t actually want to delete your auctions. If you select “Yes” and delete your records there’s nothing we can do about it. So PLEASE make a backup of your auctions first before continuing with this option.
2.Export Records: You can export a CSV file of your auctions using this option. Simply click on “Export CSV” and the download should start.
3. Import Records: This option allows you to import your auctions from a specification ready CSV file. The file MUST be in the EXACT specifications mentioned, otherwise you will receive an error. If the first row of your file has column headings you can select the option present to have the upload process skip it. The first row is present by default in the sample CSV file.
– My import failed?
Please review the error posted by the add-on and re-check your CSV file for any errors, specifically the start date and time. It HAS to match the specification posted.
– Can I use HTML and video embeds in the CSV file?
Yes, you can. However be careful about some punctuations like ‘ and ;. They might cause some issues with a few servers during import and give you an error.
– Can I change the date format?
No, sorry. At this point of time it is in the DD/MM/YYYY format. We might add support for others later.
– Why do I have one auction repeated twice?
You probably imported a CSV file that had the auction present the first time and uploaded a new CSV file with the previous auction still present in it. Simply delete the repeated auction by visiting your “Manage” screen.
– Will importing auctions delete any bids that are placed on live auctions?
Yes. If you have live auctions WITH bids on them then please make sure any further CSV file import does not have the same auction in it. It will add another similar auction and could cause your live auction bids to get deleted or cause undue errors.
If you get any other specific error please post them on our support page.
Posted in: Add-ons