Issues with New Upgrade to v5

Forum to discuss issues specific to WP Auctions Pro Plus

Moderator: Hyder

Issues with New Upgrade to v5

Postby boldprint » Wed Oct 29, 2014 6:18 pm

I have tried updating wp-auction plugin, but after update many auction's options were missing like current auction, closed auction etc. Please see screenshot at http://screencast.com/t/huZqPj02dQNA

I am also getting this error "You do not have sufficient permissions to access this page." if we manually try to access this page http://huntclubleasing.com/wp-admin/adm ... age-closed after the update.

While searching for error, I found that there might be some issue with database on last update of wordpress version which might cause this error.

Can you please let me know what I should do, or if these issues have been resolved?

Thank you,
Susan Lawrence
susan@boldprintdesign.com
boldprint

Re: Issues with New Upgrade to v5

Postby Owen » Wed Nov 05, 2014 9:54 am

Hi Susan,

The new version allows multiple users to create auctions; however only Admins have the ability to change plugin settings.

The screenshot you have sent shows the menu when a user isn't an Admin. If you make yourself an Admin on the site, you should be able to see other options.

Regards

Owen
Owen

Postby boldprint » Fri Nov 07, 2014 6:32 pm

Sorry, the screenshot was taken by an admin. Can you possibly suggest another issue?
boldprint

Postby Owen » Sat Nov 08, 2014 2:48 pm

Hi there,

Digging into the code; it could be that the plugin didn't manage to upgrade your system correctly when you first activated it. Here's what you need to do:

1. Install a plugin called User Role Editor .. this will let you update roles and capabilities on your wordpress installation
2. Go to the User Role Editor page under Users
3. You should see a capability under Custom Capabilities called 'Create Auction'
4. Make sure your 'Admin' Role has a tick box on this capability. If it doesn't please add it.

Can you please let me know how you get on?

Regards

Owen
Owen

Postby boldprint » Thu Jan 01, 2015 11:30 am

Hi there,

I have checked user role and capabilities in database for admin. In usermeta table "wp_capabilities" have value "a:1:{s:13:"administrator";b:1;}" and wp_user_role is "10". After seeing this value I am pretty sure that I have full admin capabilities.

So please suggest some other solution.

Thank you,
Susan Lawrence
susan@boldprintdesign.com
boldprint

Postby Owen » Fri Jan 02, 2015 6:51 pm

Hi Susan,

You need to make sure the 'Admin' role has the 'Create Auction' capability. Each WordPress role has a set of capabilities and if a new capability is introduced your roles don't automatically get assigned that capability.

The User Role Editor plugin shows this quite clearly if you have it installed

Regards

Owen
Owen

Postby boldprint » Mon Jan 05, 2015 10:47 am

I have installed "User Role Editor" plugin, but there are no capabilities for admin. The plugin description says "With User Role Editor WordPress plugin you can change user role (except Administrator) capabilities easy, with a few clicks." The User Role Editor page does not have any option for admin capabilities. When I try to edit admin capabilities from Users-> All Users-> Capabilities, I don't found any "create_auction" capabilities.

So please suggest some other solution, may some hook/filter to remove this capability added in new version of plugin or some other way to check whether the admin has 'Create Auction' capability.

Regards,
Susan Lawrence
boldprint

Postby Owen » Sat Jan 10, 2015 9:52 am

Hi Susan,

That role should be built into v5.

Is there any chance you can give me admin access to your site to have a look? If so, can you PM me the details

Owen
Owen

Postby zumbasan » Fri Jun 26, 2015 12:26 am

Hi Hyder and Owen,
I am logged in as an administrator and am experiencing the same issue, in which if I select "New Auction" or "Current Auctions" or "closed auctions" from the WP Auctions Dropdown on black top bar, I get "You do not have sufficient permissions to access this page." for each. We've just updated to v. 5.0.5 .
Help?
zumbasan

Postby Hyder » Wed Jul 01, 2015 11:02 am

@zumbasan, can you send an email to us - contact [at] wpauctions.com so we can assist your further.
Hyder

Return to WP Auctions Pro Plus