not showing image at WP auction panel

Forum to discuss the Lite version of WP Auctions.

Moderator: Hyder

not showing image at WP auction panel

Postby joseph » Thu Aug 30, 2012 9:26 am

http://ubikota.com/wp-content/plugins/w ... age_11.jpg

Hi Support team or anyone who can help.

I found difficulties on trouble shooting the code for enabling the image to display properly on my site.

is a share hosting server, and i cant touch anything on the php.ini config.

any idea anyone? thanks.

the actual image can be found here

http://ubikota.com/wp-content/uploads/2 ... 50x150.jpg
http://ubikota.com/wp-content/uploads/2 ... 00x176.jpg
http://ubikota.com/wp-content/uploads/2 ... 00x176.jpg
(posted for trouble shooting purpose.)

Thanks Lot,
Joseph
Last edited by joseph on Thu Aug 30, 2012 11:42 pm, edited 2 times in total.
joseph

Re: not showing image at WP auction panel

Postby Owen » Thu Aug 30, 2012 4:34 pm

Hi Joseph,

I'm getting a maintenance page when trying to access that URL so can't help much

Regards

Owen
Owen

Postby joseph » Thu Aug 30, 2012 9:33 pm

Hi Owen,

glad to know that you are the author for this plugin ^^"
Its being open for public at the moment.

please take a look. I'm still unable to resolve it. *head cracked*

thanks in advance..

Warning: file_exists() [function.file-exists]: open_basedir restriction in effect. File(/usr/local/apache/htdocs/wp-content/uploads/2012/08/image_1.png) is not within the allowed path(s): (/home/:/usr/lib/php:/tmp) in /home/u599432935/public_html/wp-content/plugins/wp-auctions/wpa_resizer.php on line 92
Error: image does not exist: /usr/local/apache/htdocs/wp-content/uploads/2012/08/image_1.png

is there a way that i can change the request to $_server['HTTP_HOST'] + "/wp-content/uploads/2012/08/image_1.png"; ?

I've also switched on the remote assistance.
joseph

Postby Owen » Fri Aug 31, 2012 3:05 pm

Hi Joseph,

Unfortunately it appears your host has an open_basedir restriction in place. The current resizer requires physical access to the file to perform resizing. This could be done explicitly or as a result of running PHP in safe mode. You have a couple of options here:

1. Raise a ticket with your host to lift this restriction. If you google the message it's not an uncommon configuration problem on most hosts and the solution isn't hard. This would depend on your host's policies, but most shared hosts we've seen don't have this issue.

2. There's an option in your admin panel (where you turned Remote Assistance on) to "Bypass Image Resizing". This will make the error go away, but it's not the most efficient way of displaying images and you may get some aspect ratio issues if your images aren't square (the resizer crops them also). This option was only introduced in the last version (v4.3), but it was placed there specifically to deal with this issue.

We're in the process of evaluating the resizer and the next version will be using the resizer that ships with Wordpress. We're still testing this version though, so I can't promise you a date for it yet

Regards

Owen
Owen

Postby joseph » Fri Aug 31, 2012 8:36 pm

Dear Owen,

Million thanks... I understand that its a lite version and i really appreciated it.

I'll check on option 2 then, at the mean while sit tight and wait for latest update in future.
Btw, I 've check on the page where I turn on remote support. doesn't seems to have the feature you mentioned. "bypass"
Or is only for WP auction Pro version?

Thanks again.

With Regards,
Joseph
joseph

Postby Owen » Fri Aug 31, 2012 9:20 pm

Hi Joseph,

Yeah, that's in the Pro version from version 4.3 onwards. There's lots of other great stuff in there should you decide to upgrade.

Regards

Owen
Owen

Return to WP Auctions Lite - Locked