If you’re reading this you probably have bought our plugin, huge thanks for supporting our work by the way, and are trying to figure out how to “embed” an auction into your Post or Page?
As one of our more exciting features, I’d be happy to help you get started with that process.
Please note this guide is relevant to WP Auctions v4.5 and above.
Part 1: Adding a new auction
- Go to WP Auctions > New Auction and go ahead and create your auction.
- Leave the option “Show auction in AJAX Popup?” set to YES.
- Add your auction and you’re done here.
Part 2: Embedding the auction
- Create a new Post, or Edit an existing one.
- See the window that says “Insert Auction” on the page? Select your auction from the dropdown and click the “Insert Auction” button.
- Now the fun part, click “Bind Post to Auction” and viola! your auction is now bound to the Post you just created/edited.
If you go back to the WP Auctions > Current Auctions window and click on ‘Edit’ to check, you will see that the URL to the Post/Page has been inserted automatically into the field “Show auction in AJAX Popup?“. This field is also now set to ‘No, show auction in a post’.
To make it simpler, you can add all your auctions at once and then embed them into Posts/Pages as you please.
All your auctions will now be linked to the Post/Page you used from the WP Auctions sidebar widget, the emails that get sent out for auction updates and the List Widget too!
Hope you enjoyed this easy to follow guide.
NOTE: You can only embed one auction per Post/Page. The best way to show a list of your auctions is to use our List Widget.