After a long wait we are happy to announce the availability of WP Auctions 3.7!
What’s part of this feature release?
- Customizable Emails: You asked for it, you got it. Now you can customize the content in the automatic emails that get sent out when someone gets outbid and when the auction is won (the email the winner receives). So you can enter specific contact information, like your address or phone number, or specific payment details, if you want to use another payment method than those available.
- Image Previews – We’ve enhanced our image upload process with a preview of the uploaded image. Just in case you uploaded the wrong one.
- Remote Debugging – You can activate this option to allow us to provide better support to you, in those rare instances that it is necessary.
- Other enhancements include: Remove the link to WP Auctions from the popup, hide the RSS feed (this doesn’t disable it, just removes the link from view), fixed a time bug that somehow managed to stay behind in the 3.6 branch and other minor code enhancements to make the plugin more stable.
WP Auctions Email Settings (click to open larger image)
We’re going to be doing a feature freeze for the next 3 months on WP Auctions while we figure out a few things (read as, decide which new awesome features to implement) and take some time to bring our documentation and support structure up to date with our recent developments. We’ve got big plans ahead so we need to put a few things in place as we expand and grow.
A new Add On we’re currently developing should be released within the above time frame. It will allow plugin users to hold simple auctions, basically a What You Bid is What You Get functionality.
Download and Upgrade Instructions
Please note WP Auctions 3.7 is currently in Beta. Test it out on a test server, if you have one, before you upload it to your production server.
To download the latest version of the plugin login to the Weborithm Products area and go to your WP Auctions subscription. You will find the download link there.
If you are upgrading from any version to 3.7 you have two options:
- Unzip the file you download, log in via FTP to your server and overwrite the wp-auctions/ folder under your plugins/ directory.
- Or, you can de-activate the plugin, delete it from your WordPress install and re-upload the plugin using the backend upload feature. You will have to CHMOD your files/ folder again for the images of any of your auctions to work.
Your auctions will not be deleted from your database with either of the above procedures.
If you haven’t bought the plugin yet you can sign up via the same link above and join us. We have a lot of exciting features coming up and you will get free upgrades for a period of 1 year from your date of purchase.