The wait is almost over, WP Auctions 4.0 is almost ready for you to use, enjoy and make money with!
But first, we have to take it for test spin.
If you are a Pro Plus customer you should have gotten an email by now saying that you can download the Alpha version of the plugin from your member accounts. Please read the email carefully as there are some important points in them.
So what does v4.0 offer exactly? Here’s a brief rundown of some of the features. There’s lots more in store and the final feature list won’t be finalized till we roll out the beta and subsequent release candidates over the next week or so.
WP Auctions 4.0 Features
- Auction categories: Set up as many auction categories as you like, just as you would for Posts, and categorize your auctions.
- Reserve prices: Don’t want to sell your item if it hasn’t hit a reserve price? Now you don’t have to.
- Bidding engines: Now you can use any of the three available bidding engines to set up your auctions with. Proxy bidding, our default bidding engine. Simple bidding, for simple bidding and Reverse bidding, for auctions where the lowest price wins.
- Watch auctions: Your visitors can enter their email address to get updates on any auction they wish to keep an eye on.
They can unsubscribe anytime.
- Better WYSIWYG editor: Now you can style you auction descriptions just as you would your Posts.
- New look: The biggest overhaul we’ve done on how the Sidebar Widget, Popup and Auction in a Post features look.
- Custom colours: Customize the colours of the plugin with a very simple and easy to use colour customizer! It’s really nice. This also means that the previous “styles” setting is now extinct. Let’s have a moment of silence for it please.
There’s still a few more things we’re going to be adding to it before we make the final release. Stay tuned for more updates.
One more thing…
Something exciting is brewing...
More to follow soon! If you’re not a Pro Plus customer get in touch with us and we’ll give you a really steep discount to upgrade.